Side bars are small screen blocks which provide teaser text and a link to the full article. They are usually displayed to the right or left of the page main content.
Instructions for Creating Side Bar
- Create the document (Content, Add Content, Image Article).
- Populate "Summary" field for teaser.
- Populate remainder of article for full view.
- Preview Trimmed and Full Article.
- Get Node ID of article for use in view.
- Create View (Structure, Views, Add new view).
- Enter view name.
- Create a block and not a page.
- Continue and edit.
- Remove title.
- Set Show to Content and Teaser.
- Add Filter Criteria for Content:Nid (use Node ID from above).
- Set Block created by View (Structure, Blocks)
- Set block region to Sidebar First and save.
- Set position of block, save.
- Configure block, which pages will display block.